Microbiology Technician Intern - Stanislaus Food Products
Stanislaus Food Products is a nationally recognized, family-owned company known for crafting the finest Italian-style tomatoes and sauces for top-quality Italian restaurants and pizzerias. We currently have an opening in our Microbiology Department as an Intern.
As a Summer Intern at Stanislaus Food Products, you will be exposed to real life business situations and will work on projects alongside our employees. Your summer with Stanislaus Foods will include hands-on training, industry knowledge from all levels in management and you will have the opportunity to work with cross functional teams. Our summer production runs from July through September.
The Microbiology Technician is responsible for:
- Collecting production samples from various locations throughout our facility.
- Enriching and collecting samples and determining growth in samples.
- Gram stain bacteria use a microscope to determine type of bacteria.
- Stock up the lab and create a report of daily growth and events of the day.
- Bacteria identification
In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Communicate, read, and write in English (subject to test).
- Be flexible in your schedule
- Have basic computer skills (Word, Excel)
- Be able to prioritize task
You would be a stronger candidate if you:
- Interested in science related field
During our summertime processing season July through September, our facilities operate 24/7.
- Must be able to work any shift during the summer processing season.
- Weekend work required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Basic microscope use and handling
Pay and Benefits:
- Starting pay rate to be determined, depending on experience.
MUST SUBMIT RESUME IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED.