Industrial Mechanic Class C Apprentice - Stanislaus Food Products
Stanislaus Food Products is a nationally recognized, family-owned company known for crafting the finest Italian-style tomatoes and sauces for top-quality Italian restaurants and pizzerias across the United States and Canada. We currently have an opening in our Maintenance Department for a Industrial Mechanic Class C Apprentice.
If you take pride in the quality of your work and prefer working on a team of talented individuals who share your passion for excellence, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity!
The Industrial Mechanic Class C Apprentice may be responsible for some or all these functions:
- Assist higher rated mechanics in building, assembling, installation, repair and overhaul of different types of machinery and equipment.
- On instruction, cut to layout length, drill located holes, grind down welded beads and make routine running adjustments.
- On instruction, do assembly of pre-formed or pre-fitted parts.
- On instruction, do maintenance and repair work such as lace belts, tighten pulleys, fix guards and change dicer knives.
- Oil and grease equipment whenever required or necessary.
Apprenticeship Entry Requirements:
- Must pass mechanical aptitude test with 75% or greater score.
- Must pass cognitive and personality tests.
- Must have a basic tool set with a toolbox within 30 days of being hired. (List of tools will be provided)
- Must have completed and passed, at least one class within the course of study of an Industrial Mechanic.
- Apprentice must be enrolled into the Maintenance Mechanic Apprenticeship program at Modesto Junior College (MJC) within 30 days of the end of probation.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License.
- Must pass pre-employment physical exam, drug test and background check.
- The apprenticeship program will follow the outlined hour requirements and guidelines as stated in the “On-The-Job Training Program” as specified in the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- To move up to the next bracket/pay, the individual awarded Class C Apprentice bracket will be required to follow and complete the outlined MJC Maintenance Mechanic Apprenticeship course work with 75% or better score.
- Failure to follow this program or failure of any single class could result in expulsion from the program.
As a full-time team member, during our off season you will work 8 hrs/day Monday through Friday. Overtime will be required during our “Fresh Pack” tomato season and could work up to 12 hrs/day Monday through Sunday.
Pay and Benefits:
- Industrial standard pay
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefit Packages
- Retirement savings benefits including pension plan
- Paid Vacation and Company Holidays
- 401k Program
- Other available benefits
- Production based performance bonus
Stanislaus Food Products is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor under federal, state, or local law.