Electrician- Stanislaus Food Products
For us, striving to make our tomatoes “best of the best” isn’t just business, it is highly personal. Our employees take great pride in knowing that, for generations, restaurant families across the United States and Canada have counted on our tomatoes to make their own recipes taste their best. To maintain this level of perfection, it not only demands the use of only the best in fresh ingredients and dedication of our operations teams, but also requires a responsible and professional maintenance team.
We are offering the following career opportunities for the best and brightest individuals. If you think we would be a good fit for your career goals and would like to be a part of our team, please contact our Careers Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Electrical Department Reliability is generally improved through preventive and predictive maintenance, troubleshooting, repairing, and rebuilding plant electrical controls and distribution systems. The individual must:
- Support and follow company safety procedures with focus on zero injuries.
- Keep work areas and equipment clean and safe.
- Follow and comply with all Safe Quality Food (SQF), HACCP, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance as assigned, including cleaning and lubricating in order to maintain the proper working order of Electrical components for all machinery and equipment up to 480V.
- Actively support the Stanislaus Food Products electrical preventative maintenance program.
- Effectively and accurately troubleshoot and make routine adjustments and repairs to DC and AC systems including (but not limited to) contactors, relays, VFDs, starters, motors, rectifiers, brakes, pneumatic systems, sensors, controls systems, and PLC components to maintain production and maintenance schedules.
- Monitor repairs and validate that the problem has been solved.
- Own the problem until resolved with a focus on doing it right the first time.
- Focus on quality of workmanship by doing the job right the first time and be accountable for results.
- Assist in the planning process by identifying parts and work required using AMMS to enter notifications.
- Prioritize work based on business needs.
- Maintain a high level of urgency in response to tasks assigned.
- Participate in the Breakdown Elimination process to reduce the frequency of breakdowns and improve equipment reliability.
- Make decisions that are “best for the business” with regards to maintenance costs and overall productivity.
- Maintain continuity among work teams by communicating needs, actions, irregularities, and continuing department improvements.
- Use blueprints, diagrams, centerlines, and OEM manuals to aid in preventive maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Follow Maintenance Standard Procedures and seek to improve machinery specific procedures where possible.
- Share knowledge and experience with other departments including dedicated training as assigned.
- Work overtime as required to achieve production and maintenance schedules.
- Perform other duties that the Team Leader or Maintenance Manager might require.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
- Must possess strong mechanical aptitude demonstrated through troubleshooting skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment effectively and cooperatively.
- Must have at least four years’ experience as a maintenance electrician.
- As a full-time team member, during our off season you would work 8 hrs/day Monday through Friday.
- Overtime will be required during our “Fresh Pack” tomato season and could work up to 12 hrs/day Monday through Sunday.
Pay and Benefits:
- Industrial standard pay
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefit Packages
- Retirement savings benefits including pension plan
- Paid Vacation and Company Holidays
- 401k Program
- Other available benefits
- Production based performance bonus
Stanislaus Food Products is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.