Director of Human Resources - Stanislaus Food Products
Stanislaus Food Products is a nationally recognized, family-owned company known for crafting the finest Italian-style tomatoes and sauces for top-quality Italian restaurants and pizzerias. We currently have an opening in our Executive Department.
If you like taking pride in the quality of your work and prefer working on a team of talented individuals which shares your passion for excellence, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity!
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for all HR related functions as described below, and other duties as assigned.
HR Department oversight
- Overall HR responsibility:
- Further develop an HR culture with the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and integrity.
- HR Legal compliance and risk mitigation
- Employee complaints and investigations
- Employee benefits administration
- HR policies/procedures and updates/changes
- HR related employee training/education
- Evaluation and analysis of future staffing needs
- Employee turnover/retirements and recruitment
- Evaluation of recruiting effort (stopgap or “solid seasonal”)
- Manage the legal review and handling of all terminations
- Develop a highly effective HR organization.
- Ensure accurate and legally compliant records and documentation.
- Direct responsibility for all salaried HR functions:
- Salary administration
- On-boarding of new salaried employees
- Responsible for all union related HR through oversight of the HR Manager:
- Obtain a thorough/detailed understanding of the seasonal staffing processes
- Union contract negotiations
- Union grievance process
- Union benefits administration
- Employee orientations
- Lives in California’s central valley, wants to stay in the valley long-term.
- Has a human resources background with current legal compliance knowledge, good business judgment and analytical skills. Minimum 10 years overall business experience, with 3-5 years HR experience with a company with legitimate HR challenges (i.e. 200+ employees)
- Experienced in holding people accountable to clearly communicated expectations, and a hands-on management style.
- Highly motivated/positive energy, team player, quick learner, emotionally intelligent, very detail oriented. Capable of creating/maintaining positive working relationships at all times with executives, management, peers, staff, employees, vendors, and other stakeholders.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Management experience in agriculture operations and/or a food processing company.
- Experience in high level deal-making/contract negotiations.
- Has demonstrated “multiple plate-spinning” skills; able to handle many projects/priorities at one time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent reviewing skills.
- HR legal coordination experience.
- HR regulatory compliance experience.
- SHRM-SCP certification
What We Offer:
In addition to our reputation as a family owned industry leader we offer:
We offer competitive salaries and benefits. Our quality driven, service and performance- oriented, private company is financially strong and affords a stable, long-term opportunity to the right candidate.
- Performance based bonuses
- Full health, vision, dental and life insurance, paid vacations, along with other perks and benefits.