Director of HR/Administration
Stanislaus Food Products is a nationally recognized, family-owned company known for crafting the finest Italian-style tomatoes and sauces for top-quality Italian restaurants and pizzerias. We currently have an opening in our Executive Department.
If you like taking pride in the quality of your work and prefer working on a team of talented individuals which shares your passion for excellence, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity!
The Director of Human Resources / Administration is responsible for all HR related functions as described below, administration of all legal contracts for the Company, and other duties as assigned.
- HR Department oversight (Phase 1)
- Overall HR responsibility:
- Further develop an HR culture with the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and integrity.
- HR Legal compliance and risk mitigation.
- Employee complaints and investigations.
- Employee benefits administration.
- HR policies/procedures and updates/changes.
- HR related employee training/education.
- Evaluation and analysis of future staffing needs.
- Employee turnover/retirements and recruitment.
- Evaluation of recruiting effort. (stopgap or “solid seasonal”)
- Manage the legal review and handling of all terminations.
- Develop a highly effective HR organization.
- Ensure accurate and legally compliant records and documentation.
- Overall HR responsibility:
- Direct responsibility for all salaried HR functions:
- Salary administration.
- On-boarding of new salaried employees.
- Responsible for all union related HR through oversight of the HR Manager:
- Union contract negotiations.
- Union grievance process.
- Union benefits administration.
- Employee orientations.
- Administration of all legal contracts (Phase 2)
- Maintain executed contract files and monitor key due dates.
- Administer the contract approval process with senior leadership and general counsel.
- Obtain President’s input on all key legal issues prior to contracts being signed.
- Work with general counsel to ensure we have high quality legal counsel in all key areas.
- Compliance Officer (Phase 2)
- Monitor Fed, State, County, City law changes affecting our industry and work with senior leaders to ensure compliance.
- Audit compliance with terms of significant licenses, permits, etc.
- Ensure all documentation meets appropriate requirements and retention periods.
- Candidates must be local to California’s Central Valley.
- Human Resources background with current legal compliance knowledge, good business judgment and analytical skills.
- Experienced in holding people accountable to clearly communicated expectations, and a hands-on management style.
- Has demonstrated “multiple plate-spinning” skills; able to handle many projects/priorities at one time.
- Minimum 10 years overall business experience, with 3-5 years HR experience with a company with legitimate HR challenges (i.e. 200+ employees)
- High positive energy, team player, quick learner, emotionally intelligent.
- Very detail oriented, excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent reviewing skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Management experience in agriculture operations and/or a food processing company.
- Experience in high level deal-making/contract negotiations.
- Legal/contract administration experience.
- Regulatory compliance experience.
- SHRM-SCP certification
What We Offer:
In addition to our reputation as a family owned industry leader we offer:
We offer competitive salaries and benefits. Our quality driven, service and performance- oriented, private company is financially strong and affords a stable, long-term opportunity to the right candidate
- Performance based bonuses
- Full health, vision, dental and life insurance, paid vacations, along with other perks and benefits.